Prophylaxis and prevention
Other dental services
This dental service consists of:
Complete/ periodic hygiene - Prevention
It’s the simplest and the most efficient prevention method against dental cavities or evolving ones. A timely detection is the key for avoiding costly dental treatments and complications. It must start from childhood once the first teeth appear and it must be continued for the whole life.
The main prevention methods are the following:
- It is recommendable to schedule a dental consultation at least once every 6 months. The patients received personalized recommendations for an adequate in house prevention. The brushing technique will be specific for each patient depending on morphology and health condition.
- The proper dental hygiene is made up of:
– correct brushing, at least twice a day for at least 3 minutes
– cleaning the tongue and the inside of the checks
– using additional means to ensure a proper dental hygiene (floss, mouthwash – it prevents the high acid levels), mouth shower etc.
– using dental hygiene products which contain fluorine
- It is recommendable to have a as natural as possible diet (fruits, vegetables, cereals). It is said that the mouth is the mirror which reflects the wellbeing of our immune system. The lack of magnesium, zinc, manganese, copper, selenium, vitamin E or vitamin C leads to the swift destruction of the cells which plays an important role in the apparition of gingivitis and the periodontal disease. The vitamins and minerals play are important seeing as they help the body by counteracting the swollen gums, teeth loss, dental cavity and halitosis. To avoid food which contains a high level of sugar and carbs, especially in between meals.
Scaling is a preventive dental procedure through which the dentist removes scale and the plaque from the teeth’s surface by using hand instruments or special equipment (sonic or ultrasonic). It starts with a general cleaning which is performed manually or with an ultrasonic instrument. Afterwards, a rotating device on which toothpaste is placed is used. This removes any remaining plaque from under the gums or from around them. The procedure ends after the dentist uses dental floss to reduce the chance of plaque forming again.
Professional teeth brushing
It removes the plaque that remains after descaling and the different stains from the teeth’s surface and it is only performed by the dentist or dental hygienist.
Sealing the pockets and recesses
Sealing is a non-invasive prophylactic dental procedure through which the dental cavity is isolated from the rest of your mouth in order to prevent the cavities from forming. The sealing is recommended 6 months after the tooth’s eruption for the teeth with deep pockets, especially premolars and molars. They grow between the ages 5-7 years until 11-14 years. The sealing lasts between 3 and 5 years and periodical checkups are recommended.
It’s a modern, painless procedure to professionally clean teeth through which a gum’s massage is performed by spraying the teeth with a jet of water, air and sodium hydrogen carbonate. Its purpose is to remove the remaining plaque and tartar from the dental and interdental surfaces.
For the patients suffering from periodontal diseases we recommend the flap surgery. If need be, the dentist can choose to perform local anesthesia to make the procedure more comfortable.
Fluoride is found in many types of food and in water, but it can also be applied directly on the teeth’s surface with the help of fluoride toothpaste or mouthwash. Fluoride has a beneficial effect on dental health as long as it is properly administered under the supervision of a dentist.
Training & Instructions
Because oral hygiene at home is very important, the Swiss EcoDent clinic offers the patients free of charge the correct brushing techniques and how to use dental floss or other specialized home tools (interdental toothbrush, mouth shower etc.) during the prevention sessions.
The Swiss Ecodent clinic is putting a lot of focus on the education and oral prevention for children within a relaxed environment with the help of especially created music for children and those who are afraid of the dentist which is used during the dental interventions. The music was created with the help of Nicolae Voiculet and it encompasses the mystery and the healing power of the pan-pipe. The 8 songs, which gave birth to the project “Art meets art”, can be listened to by the Swiss EcoDent patients during interventions, but also during regular checkups.
“Art meets Art” – because at the base of genius is performance, the connexion between the two sciences and the thing that gave birth to advanced music, which keeps pace with the life dynamics and the high sounds frequencies.
In dental care, music helps the patients to forget about anxiety and induce the feelings of being safe and trusting.
Orthodontics is the specialty field of dentistry which deals with the correction of incorrectly positioned teeth on the jaws. These changes are being performed with the help of fixed or mobile orthodontics equipment.
- – A healthy and beautiful smile
- – It reduces the risk of cavities and periodontal diseases
- – Correcting the incorrect bite which can also lead to digestive problems
- – Improving the dental and facial look which can boost self-esteem.
The metal braces:
- – Are suitable for any type of dental anomaly
- – For the patients who don’t need braces with custom-made clear plastic aligners, they represent a good option taking into account the quality and price taking into account that they are unbreakable braces.
- – They are the most used for children and it can also be colored due to the elastics in different colors.
- – They are made up of polycrystalline elastic ceramic brackets that blend in with the teeth due to the fact that they are either opaque or clear.
- – They are recommendable for the patients who want the best results and an aesthetic look during the treatment.
- – It allows using an electrical toothbrush and dental floss for properly cleaning the teeth and preventing cavities.
- – There is a risk of breaking the brackets if hard food is consumed
- – They are recommended for molars due to the material’s tendency to fracture
- – There is a risk for the opposing teeth’ email to be affected
- – They are less durable because it is made of ceramic
The costs of having ceramic braces is higher than having metal braces because the brackets are more expensive due to the material they are made of, but also due to the fact that the orthodontist finds it harder to position and work with them.
- They are part of the invisible braces due to the trendy clear brackets which are made using cut-age technologies. During the fabrication process sapphire crystals are cut and burnished at high temperatures so that they can mimic the teeth coloring as much as possible.
– They offer an increased efficiency and optimal results for perfect teeth
– They contribute to the health of the mouth cavity by correcting the conglomerates and balancing the bite, factors which can lead to periodontal diseases
– The sapphire brackets offer an exceptional control on the teeth movement
– They cannot be stained
Incognito braces (invisible)
- – It is a necessary option for those who want to straighten their teeth while continuing to perform activities which require smiling and avoiding the slightly unaesthetic aspect of other types of braces
- – The technology used by cut edge (Cad-Cam computer assisted/computer assisted manufacturing) which leads to excellent results
- – They allow the maintaining of dental hygiene
- – The brackets are made of gold alloy, which is anti-allergic and 100% biologically compatible. This allows for an thin oblate design which gives a high teeth adherence, increased comfort for the patient while also allowing an easy cleansing and a fast adaptability
- – The results are visible shortly after beginning the treatment
Social braces SIX (invisible)
- – They are meant for patients with minor spacing or overlapping problems
- – Easy to keep and clean
- – the brace fittings are scheduled one a month by the orthodontist and the tratement period is small, from 6 to 8 months.
The clear alligner braces
- – recommended for adults
- – made of clear material
- – must be wore 17 hours a day, nights included
- – no brackets or wires
- – comfortable, they don’t cause rashes or issues
- – recommended for adults
- – the easiest braces to wear – mobile with mouth guard structure, ideal from an esthetical point of view due to the fact that it is clear
- – each mouth guard is sequentially wore y the patient. Thus incremental spacing occurs for the teeth of both jaws
Braces mouth guards
- – There are two alternatives for the braces mouth guards: fix and mobile
- – The mobile mouth guards are made in the dental technique laboratory from a special material and they are wore only during the night
- – The fix mouth guard is in the shape of a wire which is stuck with adhesive on the inside of the teeth
Aparatul ORAL ID este singurul aparat din lume atestat de Asociatia Americana de Stomatologie care poate depista orice forma de cancer oral in faza incipienta.
Sunt suficiente doar 2 minute pentru scanarea intraorala a tesuturilor moi ale cavitatii bucale cu scopul de a detecta cancerul oral, pre-cancer si HPV (Human Papiloma Virus). Testul nu este dureros, nu iradieaza si este recomandat a fi realizat de doua ori pe an.
Oral Cancer Screening este cea mai sigura metoda de testare a cancerului oral disponibila in Romania.
The dentin hypersensitivity is not a spontaneous pain.
It appears when the teeth go into contact with stimuli such as cold or hot drinks
When the email is attacked, the terms and the stimuli are transmitted to the dentin which causes the sensitivity.
There are several root causes for this disorder, among which:
- aggressive dental brushing
- gingival recession
- teeth whitening
- acidic erosion
- teeth grinding/bruxism
- untreated occlusions
- correct tooth brushing and the use of a soft bristles toothbrush and dental floss
- using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth and with a high amount of fluoride
- to avoid consuming acidic foods which can cause enamel teeth erosion (wine, fruit juice, vinegar, carbohydrates drinks
- avoid habits that cause enamel wear (tooth scarring)
The teeth whitening procedure is resorted to when the patients have yellowed teeth because of coffee, wine, carbohydrates drinks consumption, smoking and also because of certain medicines.
How the laser teeth whitening is performed
The dentist isolates the patients’ gums with a gel in order to protect them from the substances which will be used. The solution is applied on the teeth which must be bleached and then a special light will be projeced on the whole tooth surface with the help of a laser lamp. The procedure takes between 30 minutes and an hour, while the solution is applied several times (between 2 and 5 times). Before the procedure is performed, it is mandatory for the hygienist to clean your teeth.
They can be bleached by several shades, and the effect will last from 1 to 3 years.
In the next 48 hours cold and hot drinks must be avoided. One must not overdue it with smoking, coffee drinking, carbohydrates drinks consumption, but also with foods that stain the teeth. The laser whitening treatment reduces the Dentin hypersensitivity by 95% as opposed to the zoom lamp or the mouth guards whitening.
Questions and answers
For more information on questions that you might have, go to the questions and answers page.